*** Newsflash 15 febr. 2002: Teflon Producten Spuitgieten/ Teflon Injection Moulds***
PTFE-mix(Teflon) Injection Moulded Parts exclusive by SchePro, The Netherlands
Injection moulded parts are cheaper and more accurate then the authentic production methods for PFTE (Teflon) articles.
As far as we know, there is NO other company in the world that can produce Teflon articles by direct injection moulding.
Originally Virgin PTFE is extruded or pressed for the manufacturing of products. The thermal and electrical properties and chemical resistance makes PTFE ideal for applications as membranes, coatings, seal rings, valve seats. PTFE density: 2.18 g/cm3 . Service temperature up to 260 Celsius. Crystallization melting point at 327 Celsius.
The manufacturing of Virgin PTFE articles on CNC machines has always been bound by the raw material, machine and labour cost. Because of the tough density of the material it has proven to be impossible to make these on injection moulded machines, so far.
So far, cause since 2001 we can make PTFE-mix parts on our adjusted injection moulded machines.
To be able to do this, we developed a special mixture of PTFE and several secret ingredients. Depending on the required final properties of the product we will add or subtract some of these ingredients to maintain for example: the specific max. temperature, the chemical resistance, the hardness etc.
This special mixture makes it possible for us to inject the material and produce the desired articles.The manufacturing takes place by injecting the compound into the tool.
There are several big advantages to this production method:
- production at higher speed makes quicker delivery times; depending on the size of one tool, several products per minute can be produced into one shot
- products have minimal defects, cause measurements and tolerances are determined by the tool and the speed of production. Once determined every product is exactly the same.
- costs are lower than authentic methods
Dis-advantages to this method are:
- material properties has been changed, initially new products have to be tested. When properties are not according to the requirements, the mixture has to be adjusted.
- Initial tooling cost are expensive and therefore this production method is only cost-effective at a minimum of 100.000 pcs per order.
What does this do for pricing, we also asked ourselves. As we know today, nobody succeeded in the creation of PTFE products through injection moulding, so we can only compare the final prices as they exist on the current market. This means that we produce injection moulded PTFE-mix articles 10 times below these market prices. And this is no exception./font>
If you wish to place inquiries, we prefer that you provide 1) a CAD-drawing, 2) a printed version and 3) your quantities.